Senior Spotlight: Teddy Drake

Libby Haggerty, Staff Writer

Five years from now, Teddy Drake hopes to graduate from the college of his choice. He wants his major to be “something that makes (him) happy every day.”

Teddy Drake is a very comedic gentleman. He believes, “…Life should be looked at with a positive and funny attitude, so I think cracking a joke is great as long as the joke won’t hold any emotional baggage for others.”

He starts his day by waking up “as late as possible to maximize sleep.” Obviously, Teddy prefers his bed, “so (he’s) all warm and toasty!”

Teddy is always working on a school project, challenging assignment or “any work that is needed for the club (he’s) in.” Student Council, Yearbook, Drama Club, and Hockey bring much variety into his life.

Speaking of StuCo, Teddy believes he has become a better leader due to his commitment to the club. In fact, he is the Capital Division President this year! This position gives Teddy the opportunity to make tough decisions, push himself past his comfort zone and expand his horizons. He truly desires to “figure out the most beneficial option for everyone.”

On the other hand, Drama Club provides an outlet for Teddy to release all of his energy and emotions. He claims, “Through the actions of the characters, I am able to leave my current thoughts behind for a little while to have fun as someone else.” However amusing it may be to portray another personality, Teddy’s original character is humorous enough.

COMING UP NEXT IN THE SENIOR SPOTLIGHT: Andrew Surine!