Ricardo’s freshman year

Araceli Serrano, Journalism Student

All freshman have different experiences in high school. I wanted to go in and ask Ricardo Serrano, a freshman in North High school about his experience in high school so far. Serrano had said “it’s a drastic change, in middle school I didn’t have to focus so much in order to get a good grade. Here is where I have to focus more to get good grades”. I agree, with Serrano’s statement on that, having him be younger than me, I try and give him advice on how he has to focus in school, and get his homework done. Although he finds focusing hard, at the moment. We all can help younger ones around us, by giving them advice on how to focus and do their homework.

I wanted to touch on what Ricardo does after school, if he focuses on homework or something else. After school Serrano goes home and does his homework. He also, likes going outside and being outdoors for the most. If not he is inside listening to music and just focuses on relaxing. As many of us do.

I also asked Serrano about  what he wants to do after high school, even though he is in freshman year still, I always am interested in what younger people want to do. he responded by “i want to be a mechanic and I want to go to college for tech and engineering”. I find it interesting how many people have different goals and dreams they want to meet, but hearing it from someone very close to you is something more extraordinary. You get to see how their life will end up and if they meet up to goals and dreams. Will Ricardo reach up to his goals after high school?  Will you reach your goals after high school?