Headphone Use in School

Headphone Use in School

Katie Suckow, Journalist Student

Here at North High School we have a headphone/Earbud policy of one in one out. This means that while you are in school even in the hallways you must have one earbud in at a time. “It is for safety reason, so that if an emergency was to happen you would be able to hear it” That was the policy made by our admin and was announced during the beginning of the year assembly.

Some students at North High School was not affected by this but some were. Those who were affected usually said that it was understandable and reasonable”, but they’re still time when the admin need to “remind students of our policy”. Usually students understand and will take one earbud out right away and the problem will be solved just like that.

This isn’t a large issue at North especially now. North students are adapting to this policy very fast. It was made about 2 years ago and is slowly working on the North body. This makes both admin and the student body relatively happy with the results.

Students enjoy listening to music during school and most think its a key part to successful education. “Music helps your creativity spark” is something the Art teacher Russel Schanh says. In school some students find it hard to focus or get the motivation to learn or participate. When there is music involved there is a larger chance of them focusing and working harder in school.