Senior Spotlight: Caley Tansey

Libby Haggerty, Staff Writer

Being a “people person,” Caley Tansey loves being able to meet new people and be involved in a diverse area.” She ascertains, “Diversity tends to be found a lot more in cities and rural areas.”

In fact, Caley enjoys tutoring people during Reading Time every day. She reveals, “I love the look on a student’s face when something finally clicks. I’m helping kids at (school) who want to succeed. I love being able to assist their success.”

However, tutoring is not the only way Caley supports her peers. Her volunteering experience with her recent teaching of Girl Scouts about how to swim. Giving back to her community truly warms Caley’s heart to its core.

Speaking of swimming, Caley is part of North High’s Swim and Dive Team. She “(has) met some of her greatest friends from swimming.” She believes, “There’s something about working and competing as a team.” Not to mention, “You also compete against yourself” which appeals very much to Caley!

Five years from now, Caley sees herself graduating from a Coloradoan college with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry. After this accomplishment, she will start a career in genetics research. Caley can’t help her interest in chromosomes. You could say it’s in her genes!

COMING UP NEXT IN THE SENIOR SPOTLIGHT: Nadia Kablaoui!