The Last Musical

Two of North Seniors share their feelings on partaking in their last North High Musical ever.

Alivia Lindorfer, Journalism I

As school enters its second week, the fall musical, The Addams Family, is underway. For most of North’s theater students, this is just another musical. But two of North’s Theater students, Seniors, Sammie Bonko and Mason Wold, realize this play marks the beginning of the end of their time with North High’s Theater group.

With their first rehearsal having been this Monday, Sammi and Mason were excited to share details about The Addams Family, their feelings as they enter their final high school musical and their future plans in the world of theater.

The two will be playing in-laws with Sammi claiming the role of Morticia Addams and Mason, Fester Addams. Both are excited to be on stage again but Mason is really looking forward to “wearing a bald cap and playing a super crazy character.” They both hope the best for the play and hope the student body and staff will love it as much as they already do. Sammie hopes people will want to see it more than once! They said to expect a lot of fun when watching their spooky musical.

When questioned about their thoughts on this being their final High School musical they both had bittersweet feelings. They both have a similar history with North’s Theater group. Sammie says she has been doing shows with North’s children’s theater group sense she was a little girl and is so sad that this is her final musical. Mason shares this feeling as he recalls the past five years of theater with North. North High Theater has been a big part of both of their lives, they are really sad to be moving on. Looking back last year they had the chance to play their most memorable and favorite rolls yet in, Shrek The Musical. They had lead roles, once again. Sammie played Princess Fiona while Mason took on the role of the comedic Donkey.

Despite this chapter coming to a close, this isn’t the end of Theater for Sammie and Mason. Both Mason and Sammie plan to major in Musical Theater in college and hope to pursue a career in acting. When asked if she had a dream roll Sammie said, “I have so many dream roles!” But if she had to choose it would be to play Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie. Mason on the other hands says his dream role would either be to play Leading Player in Pippen or King George from the popular, Hamilton.

It’s safe to say we can look forward to an exciting year in North High’s Theater productions and in the careers of our talented seniors.