All You Need To Know About The “How to Make Anything” Class

Bryson Stohr, Student Journalist

I am a student of the “How to Make Anything” class, taught by Mr. Moran. Some of the lessons taught in this class include measuring and calculating various dimensions for various shapes made with Autodesk Inventor, making presentations about the process of 3D printed objects that the students might find useful for certain purposes, and coding in Arduino to program a robot that the students have made. During an interview I conducted with Mr. Moran, I learned more about what exactly this class has to offer its students. The teacher says that his job is to “inform students about how to use software and certain tools needed to construct the projects from start to finish.” Mr. Moran also benefits from his students by observing their methods and learning new approaches to solving problems. The careers that can come to light from this class include various types of engineering, such as Computed Assisted Design (CAD for short) and electrical engineering. 3D printing can help the students create prototypes for items they might, one day, create, and this class can help achieve career exposure for some people. Of course, there are a few actions that are forbidden in this class, such as printing out weapons, and other potentially harmful objects.