Northern Lights Show Choir’s Upcoming Season!

Northern Lights 2017-2018

Destiny Yang, Staff Writer

Attention all Northern Lights fans! Show Choir season is fast approaching. This year, the Northern Lights are tackling the theme Illusion. The Northern Lights show choir will be competing in six different cities this year. Those including Colby, WI., Eau Claire, WI, Holmen, WI, and more!

This next week, on Monday, December 10, the Northern Lights Show Choir, along with our other choirs will be hosting a concert right here at North. You will get to see first hand, what this show is all about!

Molly Moore, a Sophomore here at North and a new member to the team, is super excited for the upcoming season. She is expecting to have a lot of fun and for the Northern Lights community and fan base to expand and grow. After being in Varsity Choir her freshman year of High School, and having gone to many of the Northern Lights shows, Molly picked up the courage to audition, and to her surprise, she made it! Molly is most excited to perform at The Spectacular in Colby, WI. “I’ve been told that the energy there is always amazing and I’m sure it’ll be a great time!”

Sammie Bonko, a senior and dance captain for the Northern Lights, has been a member of the Northern Lights Show Choir since her Freshman year of high school. Sammie is excited for everyone to see their new costumes this year. She mentions how this year the singing and dancing is more intense than previous years, but is excited to show what show choir is all about. When asked what she would like to say to students who are interested in show choir, she said, “It’s so much fun to perform and travel with your closest friends and you meet some pretty amazing people along the way.”

Ms. Alswager, North High’s choir director, is new to North this year and is very excited for her first year with the Northern Lights. Mr. Hammerman, North High’s band director, mentions how this year will be a great year for both the Northern Lights Show Choir and the Constellations, which is the Combo that plays along with the Show Choir.

After their first performance this past weekend at the annual Show Choir Clinic hosted here at North, spirits are high and attitudes are very positive for the upcoming season. Both Ms. Alswager and Mr. Hammerman notes that, “For December, we are in very good shape for the season!”

So mark your calendars, the Northern Lights Show Choir may be coming to you city this season!