The Student News Site of North High School

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

Service Day is coming!

North High’s annual day of volunteering will happen on May 21st

In everyday life, most people may not have time to volunteer as much as they would like. We already have many obligations, whether it be having to work, practicing a sport, or taking care of a household. But when the chance presents itself, we should grab the opportunity to give back.

Volunteering is a central part of the North High community, and we are once again celebrating giving back to the community with Service Day. Service Day is a time when students, as well as staff, get to volunteer their time to help better North High’s community and beyond, while at the same time having fun with friends. This year, Service Day will be on Tuesday, May 21st.

We would like to recognize the staff on the Service Day Planning Committee and their hard work: Mr. Friedman, Ms. Hager, Ms. Myers, Ms. Armstrong, Ms. Naughton, Mr. Tschida, Ms. Stanley, Mr. Drummond, Ms. Kvamme, Mr. Fabeck, and Ms. Rome. 

If you attended service day in previous years you will notice that the projects we’re doing this year are going to be similar. Here are the volunteer activities for this year:

• “Sock-and-roll” supplies for Dorothy Day
  • Snack packs for Ronald McDonald House
  • Cleaning up trash in the surrounding area of North St. Paul
  • Making fleece blankets for the Linus Project
  • Car Wash in front of the school

One big change this year – students will work on projects with their 3rd period classes. This will help the day run smoother, and will give students a chance to build community with their classmates.

As in previous years,  we will have a pep fest at the end of the day, along with ice cream out on the south field to treat the students for their part in making Service Day happen. Look forward to seeing you there!