The Student News Site of North High School

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

North High’s annual prom brings excitement to students

North Highs annual prom brings excitement to students

North High’s annual prom is approaching very quickly once again. This high school tradition will take place on Saturday, May 18th, and will be held at the Landmark Center, just like it has been for several decades prior. This year’s theme is “A Starry Night”. The dance will begin at 7:00, then go until 11:00 with no entries after 8:00. Guest forms can be found in the activities office and must be returned to the activities office no later than Friday, May 10th. Tickets are also available on GoFan until May 10th. The price is $45 for single tickets, and $85 for couple tickets.

I interviewed Junior couple, Ava Lor and Kyu Man who will be attending prom this year together. I asked the pair how they felt about the theme, to which Ava replied “personally, I do not care what the theme is. My dress doesn’t go with the theme, but I don’t really care.” Kyu responded, “I kinda like the theme.” I then asked how the pair felt about  the Landmark Center taking place and Ava  shared, “I think I’m okay with it being at the Landmark Center, but I think it’s there every year. So I feel it is kind of like a tradition, but I feel like people want to go to other places too.”

I went on to ask senior Alexis Bialucha her opinion about the theme, to which she explained “I like it a lot better than last year’s. I think it’s easy to work with.” and when asked about the location she said “ I think it’s cool keeping it with the original plans.”

Some of the most popular picture taking destinations include Rice Park, Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, the Union Depot, or any place with a view of the Mississippi River.

The address for the Landmark Center is 75 W 5th St, St Paul, MN 55102

For more information about the Landmark center, be sure to go to