The Student News Site of North High School

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

NORTHERN HIGHLIGHTS

Don’t get swept!

Crackdown on tardies and truancy has students scrambling to get to class

North High is beginning to crackdown on attendance violations, with the hope of getting more students to attend class and engage with their learning. Last week North High Assistant Principal Mr. Reynolds announced in a school-wide post on Schoology that they will be doing tardy sweeps. Per the announcement: “We will be working really hard on fulfilling our second trimester goal of improving on-time class attendance. That means it’s TARDY SWEEP TIME! Starting tomorrow staff will periodically be sweeping the hallways making sure everyone is on time and in the right area.” Reynolds goes on to say that anyone who is found will be relocated to the forum to discuss strategies with behavior staff on ways to improve attendance.

Reynold further makes it known that if found there will be consequences by stating “Out of area consequences can also include detention, class suspension and being placed on the after school restricted list–which means you can not go to the games or after school activities/events” and “Guardians will also be notified,” meaning that students’ home adults will receive a call about their student being tardy.

North High is putting hallway sweeps into practice to keep skipping and late students to a minimum. The sweeps encourage students and staff to improve the environment and attendance in the school and help us start 2024 with helpful reminder of school expectations.