What track is About

Alex Gonpo, Contributing Writer

“The North High track team is for anyone, track is a place for people to have fun and pushing themselves to be a better them.” This was said by two year long distance runner Anthony Almeida during the spring track season. Track is a highly competitive sport that involves around the physical strength desired for the events along with mental endurance to push yourself in order to succeed, although alongside the demanding training to prepare for events track is also a way to have fun. One story from track was submitted by Anthony Almeida, The story follows as how one free day in track the day was spent by jogging to Dairy Queen and ordering ice cream. Long distance coach Dave paid for all the ice cream bought  by the members that day.

Another story from Almeida was the day where Almeida was to compete in the two mile race but it was too cold, Almeida simply asked the coach if he could not run it and the coach allowed him to not participate in the event. The track coaches want to make track a enjoyable and fun experience, which it is. The sheer amount of track members should be enough to prove how enjoyable track is along with how you can ask any north high student if they know a track member and the majority of the time they will say yes..

Although the friendly environment in the track community track, The training for track is well put together and intense, training for events are very realistic along with practical, training for the event they are participating in such as the body weight training done in pole vaulting and the cardio done in long distance, the variety in training of track truly shows the knowledge of the trainers and how well they know about the certain muscle groups used in the training of the team.

With all said the North High track team truly is a great community to be a part of. The top notch training and the friendly team mates make an experience that offers learning and growth along with friendships.