Felix Dominguez’s thoughts on the EC

Araceli Serrano, Journalism Student

Let’s start with what the EC stands for, the EC is the education center. Which was originally North Senior High School. The EC building is located down the hill, right from North High. It’s about a 5 minute walk, depending about how fast you walk. Sometimes may take about a 10 minute if you’re going extra slow.

I asked Felix Dominguez, a North High junior student about his thoughts on the Education Center. The reason I asked Dominguez was because, he had to walk to and from the EC throughout all the seasons. Winter, Fall, Summer. I wanted to ask him about the EC being beneficial in any way?If the classes should be combined? If he likes it,good or bad thoughts?

Felix commented on his thoughts about the EC he doesn’t like it at all. “I don’t like walking to the other building, it’s annoying”. I don’t think it’s beneficial at all, it gives students a chance to ditch”. When someone gets an opportunity to miss class, or not go to school they take any chance they get. When your class is at another building and students are walking outside, the chance of them just leaving is so high.

Dominguez commented on how it was like to walk to the EC throughout winter, fall, summer. Let’s start off with winter, we all know when it comes to winter it gets super slippery outside. “I can slip, and get injured”. He commented. Of course no student wouldn’t want to slip down and get humiliated in front of everyone. Now in the fall, it would be relaxing and easy going to go to and from each buildings. Let’s talk about summer, we have June and July, where it will start getting hot. No one wants to be all sweaty when it comes to entering the building again. “I don’t like walking to the ec and back, in summer or winter.

Now, there’s so many thoughts on what should happened to the EC or should they just keep the building. Some love it and some hate it. Just depends on who you ask. And I asked a north high junior student, Felix Dominguez. So the question is what will they do with the Education Center in a few years?