Coffee Habits at North High

Sammie Bonko, Journalism Student

To many people coffee is the first step to having a great day. But how do North High students feel about coffee? Some think that it’s okay for students to start drinking coffee however, many believe that they should avoid it until college. I asked a few students about their coffee drinking habits and here’s what they said.

Of all the people I chatted with Joshua Kranz and Andrew Carlson took the lead in coffee consumption. Per day Joshua likes to enjoy two to three cups while Andrew consumes three to four cups. “It helps me think faster and clearer… (I like) the large and interesting variety of complex flavors that can come from coffee.” I think we can all agree that Andrew is bit of a coffee connoisseur, so if you have any coffee questions he’s the one to ask!

Plenty of students save coffee for special occasions. Alivia Lindorfer only drinks coffee occasionally. On early mornings like when she goes to Student Council meetings is typically when she’ll enjoy a nice cup of coffee. She’s not sure if it benefits her life “prolly harms it” she says. Ashley Prax says that she never needs coffee but it’s nice every once and a while.

There are of course the downsides to coffee. Alivia says that it makes her anxious and Isabella Zerwas says that even though she is a coffee lover, it has quite the impact on her wallet.

When interviewing people about how coffee benefits their life, a common answer that I found is it helps students focus in class especially if they’re involved in after/before school activities. When juggling the many different things that students have to in High School, students seem to all agree that coffee is the thing that keeps them engaged and focused throughout the day.